Russian Courses : Victoria, Canada
Search courses by keywords, category or city:
Your Russian proficiency level will be evaluated by the teacher according to this framework:
A1 - Beginner:
- Understands familiar Russian expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of concrete needs.
- Can introduce him/herself and answer questions about personal details such as the place of residence and belongings.
- Can hold a simple conversation in Russian if the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
A2 - Elementary:
- Understands frequently used expressions related to areas of immediate relevance like personal and family information.
- Can communicate in routine situations requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar matters.
- Can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and immediate needs.
B1 - Intermediate:
- Understands the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in everyday situations.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in an area where Russian is spoken.
- Can produce simple, connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give explanations for opinions and plans.
B2 - Independent:
- Understands the main ideas of complex Russian text on both concrete and abstract topics.
- Interaction with native Russian speakers can happen with fluency and spontaineity and without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear text on a wide variety of subjects and expose a point of view given the various options.
C1 - Advanced:
- Understands a wide range of demanding, longer Russian texts, and recognizes implicit meaning.
- Can express ideas fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- Can use Russian flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- Can produce detailed, well-structured text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns and connectors.
C2 - Proficient:
- Easily understands virtually everything heard or read in Russian.
- Can summarise information from different spoken and written sources and reconstruct arguments in a coherent presentation.
- Expresses him/herself spontaneously, fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in complex situations.