Share this profile:
City / Country of origin: Washington, DC, USA
Mother language: English
Spoken languages: English
ABOUT THE TEACHER
I am a TEFL and TKT certified instructor with a bachelor’s degree in History and Philosophy & Religious Studies. I also hold an MA TESOL from the University of Southern California. I have a variety of experience teaching English and subject classes to ESL learners of all ages. Currently, I am focusing on Content Integrated methods in teaching and branching out into teaching ESL for academic purposes (EAP) and social sciences subject teaching in an English language only environment.
M.A. TEACHING ENGLISH TO SPEAKERS OF OTHER LANGUAGES
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, 2015
Studies in international education, assessment, language theory,
linguistics, socio-linguistics, methodology, pedagogy, ESL approaches,
multimodalities, and literacy, focusing on sociocultural theory.
150-HOUR TEFL PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION, TEFL Institute, Chicago, 2012
B.S. IN HISTORY; PHILOSOPHY AND RELIGIOUS STUDIES, Radford University, Virginia, 2003
ESL, Humanities, and Social Sciences instructor, Hangzhou, China, 2014
● Currently teaching ESL, EAP, and social sciences content classes.
● Teaching engaging subject coursework in social sciences, university prep programs, and EAP (English for Academic Purposes).
● Certified in CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) and CAE (Cambridge Advanced English).
● Implemented A-Levels and IGCSE curriculum, performed student needs-based analysis.
English Teacher, Hangzhou, China, 2013-2014
● Taught engaging communicative English lessons using eclectic methods and materials.
Courses by this teacher: