Teacher: Daniel Rutter (Ho Chi Minh)
Promotion: Trial Class 50% Off!
(English as a Second Language)
Dạy mua lại ngôn ngữ tiếng Anh thông qua các phương tiện về đọc, viết, và sửa cách phát âm.
Teach English language acquisition through the mediums of reading, writing, and pronunciation correction.
IF YOU WANT TO MASTER ENGLISH - READ!
In the 10 years, I have been teaching I have found very few schools that stress reading. Honestly, I think this is a shame.
I have several students on SKYPE I have been using this program with. Most of these students joined me while still in high school in China and are now attending colleges throughout England and the United States.
It is a proven system. Simply stated; it works!
Extrovert: “The more the merrier,” Life and soul of the party, chatterbox (Blah, Blah, Blah), * Learning advantage, *Curious and social, *Proactive in conversation. BUT Not so good at listening. Small, passive vocabulary. Advice: Learn “on the street,” Attend conversation classes and talk with people(TEFL), Not so helpful: Book learning, Audio learning, Skype classes, Programs.
Introvert: “It’s just me, myself, and I,” In the corner at parties, Deep, thoughtful thinker, *Shy speaker (not necessarily a shy person), *Hesitant - doesn’t initiate conversations, *Fearful of mistakes. BUT Great listener, Wide, passive vocabulary, Better grammar, Better writing skills. Advice: Talk to yourself, Make one friend, Read and write, Play word games.
• Lots of people are introverts, including myself. It’s not a bad word!
• If you are an extravert, honestly, my class is probably NOT for you.
• If you are an introvert I would encourage you to try my class. I think it is perfect for you!
- Teacher and student work together to decide on an appropriate level book for the student to read between classes.
- We then decide how many chapters will be discussed in the next class. Example: please read chapters 7 and 8 before our next class.
- In the class, the teacher will ask questions (and correct pronunciation) related to the reading in order to check for comprehension, critical thinking etc...
- When the book is finished the student will write a 500-word book report and submit for
City / Country of origin: America
Mother language: English
Spoken languages: English
ABOUT THE TEACHER
Greetings, current & Future Students
My name is Daniel Rutter but you can call me Dan. I was born and raised in Lansing, Michigan (North Eastern United States). As long as I can remember I have always loved reading and writing - these are my passions and my hobbies. Most of my life I worked at General Labor jobs but as I got older (and the economy got worse) I decided at the age of 48 to make my passions and hobbies into a career. Five years later I graduated with a BA in English and certification to Teach English as a Second Language (TESL) - Class of 20014; University of Hawaii, Hilo.
This brought me to Vietnam where I have been teaching for 2.5 years now. Before coming here, I taught in America (Michigan & Hawaii) and I have been successfully tutoring Chinese students on SKYPE using a reading comprehension program since 2012. Honestly, this skype class is my favorite. Not only is it flexible and convenient for both students and teachers, but it is structured on my biggest passions - reading and writing.
Thank you for taking the time to learn a little about me. I hope we can work together to improve your English language skills.
University of Hawaii ESL Practicum 1/2014 to 5/2014 * Bachelor of Arts 1/2009 to 5/2014
Lansing Community College Teachers Education 1/2007 to 12/2008
Waverly High School General Education 9/1976 to 6/1979
• Six years experience tutoring High School and College students via Skype using a reading comprehension teaching approach.
• Ten years of both whole classroom, and one on one tutoring experience.
• Two and one-half years teaching English in Vietnam with students aged 6 to 30.