- Assessment of proficiency level.
- Development of individual schedule and syllabus to improve speaking, writing, and listening comprehension skills.
- Individualized exercises and homework assignments.
- I have a large quantity of exercises, slides, and activities, which I have developed and refined over many years.
- If the student(s) cannot be physically present, tutoring via Skype or FaceTime is possible
City / Country of origin: Canada
Mother language: German
Spoken languages: English, German
ABOUT THE TEACHER
I have a PhD in German Studies and over 13 years teaching experience on all levels.
At McGill, I have taught using the communicative approach, which I found to be very effective.
Once I have assessed a new student's level, needs, and availability, I will develop an individualized curriculum, which may include tailor-made online exercises using Moodle.
PHD in German Studies, McGill University, 2009
MA in German Studies, University of Waterloo, 2003
Magister Artium in Germanistik, Universität Mannheim, Germany, 2003
I have taught German language (all levels), literature and culture at McGill, Bishop's University, and the University of New Brunswick in Fredericton
I am currently teaching English language, literature, and business communication at Champlain College, St.Lambert and Vanier College