O objetivo do curso é permitir que os alunos atinjam o nível básico de sobrevivência diária (vocabulário, gramática, morfologia, sintaxe e fonética básicos). Ao final do curso, os alunos serão capazes de se comunicar em português, em várias questões práticas do dia a dia.
The aim of the course is to enable students to function at a basic everyday survival level (basic vocabulary, grammar, morphology, syntax and phonetics). Students should be able to communicate in understand Portuguese on a number of practical everyday matters.
In my Portuguese classes you can learn the language in all its aspects (reading, writing, understanding and speaking) in an enjoyable way. I will also introduce you to the Brazilian culture so you will be able to travel or to make business in Brazil. Using online resources, I offer knowledge about Brazilian Culture and History that focus on intercultural aspects that to help the student to understand Brazilian society.
- Greetings others and introducing oneself, spelling people's name, formal and informal greetings;
- Meeting people and introducing others, making invitations, suggestions and appointments, telling the time;
- Asking and answering questions about travelling and means of transportation.
- Ordering a meal in a restaurant, naming tableware on the table,
- Expressing desires, wishes, preferences, doubts, asking for information (location/direction);
- Describing hotel services expressing satisfaction and dissatisfaction;
- Comparing and describing houses and flats, locating objects in the house;
- Talking about daily routine and leisure activities;
- Learning about Brazilian annual calendar.
Main topics / themes to be covered
- First contacts, names, nationalities, addresses, professions, numbers up to 100;
- Meeting people, leisure activities and plans for the weekend;
- The time;
- Means of transport;
- Restaurant, bar, invitations, food;
- Hotel reservations, problems with the service at the hotel orientation in the city, numbers up to one billion;
- House and apartments, at the estate agency, decoration social housing;
- Daily activities routines, leisure activities, Brazilian calendar.
Grammar: The alphabet: spelling & pronunciation; Numbers; Grammatical gender & number agreement; Personal Pronouns (eu, você, ele, ela, nós, vocês, eles, elas); Estar + gerundio; Present Indicative of regula
Country of origin: Brazil
Mother language: Portuguese
Spoken languages: French, English, Spanish
"I am very happy with my first class. The instructor set clear goals for the class, and explained what future classes would entail. I plan on continuing my studies with the same teacher."KD, Rio de Janeiro
About the teacher
I'm Angélica, I live in the marvelous city of Rio de Janeiro. I love literature, cinema and Brazilian music. In my Portuguese classes you can learn the language in all its aspects (reading, writing, understanding and speaking) in an enjoyable way. I will also introduce you to the Brazilian culture so you will be able to travel or to make business in Brazil. Using online resources, I offer knowledge about Brazilian Culture and History that focus on intercultural aspects that to help the student to understand Brazilian society. I'm a Portuguese teacher for foreigners in Brazil in individual lessons for children and adults.
Eu sou Angélica, moro na cidade maravilhosa do Rio de Janeiro. Eu adoro literatura, cinema e música brasileira. Em minhas aulas de português você vai aprender a língua em todos seus aspectos (leitura, escrita, compreensão e fala) de uma forma agradável. Eu também vou introduzir você a cultura brasileira assim você será capaz de viajar ou fazer negócios no Brasil.
Doy clases de portugués desde 2013 y soy especialista en la enseñanza de portugués para extranjeros con certificado de la Universidad Pontificia de Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio).
En mis clases usted aprenderá todos los aspectos del idioma (lectura, escritura, comprensión oral y pronunciación) de forma amena. También voy a presentarle la cultura brasileña de forma que podrá viajar o conducir negocios en Brasil. En mis clases trato de la historia y cultura brasileña enfatizando aspectos interculturales que ayudarán al alumno a entender mejor esta sociedad.
Le invito a hacer una clase de prueba para que conozca cómo trabajo. Doy aulas tanto individualmente como en pequeños grupos.
Master in Information Science (2012)
Specialization in Languages - Portuguese for teaching Foreigners - Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro, 1,5 year-long certified course. (2014)
I have been teaching Portuguese as second language online since 2013. Also, I teach Portuguese for foreigners in Rio de Janeiro / Brazil.
Courses by this teacher:
Learn Portuguese: CELPe-Bras