The aim of the course is to enable students to function at a basic everyday survival level (basic vocabulary, grammar, morphology, syntax and phonetics). Students should be able to communicate in understand Portuguese on a number of practical everyday matters.
In my Portuguese classes you can learn the language in all its aspects (reading, writing, understanding and speaking) in an enjoyable way. I will also introduce you to the Brazilian culture so you will be able to travel or to make business in Brazil. Using online resources, I offer knowledge about Brazilian Culture and History that focus on intercultural aspects that to help the student to understand Brazilian society.
- Greetings others and introducing oneself, spelling people's name, formal and informal greetings;
- Meeting people and introducing others, making invitations, suggestions and appointments, telling the time;
- Asking and answering questions about travelling and means of transportation.
- Ordering a meal in a restaurant, naming tableware on the table,
- Expressing desires, wishes, preferences, doubts, asking for information (location/direction);
- Describing hotel services expressing satisfaction and dissatisfaction;
- Comparing and describing houses and flats, locating objects in the house;
- Talking about daily routine and leisure activities;
- Learning about Brazilian annual calendar.
Main topics / themes to be covered
- First contacts, names, nationalities, addresses, professions, numbers up to 100;
- Meeting people, leisure activities and plans for the weekend;
- The time;
- Means of transport;
- Restaurant, bar, invitations, food;
- Hotel reservations, problems with the service at the hotel orientation in the city, numbers up to one billion;
- House and apartments, at the estate agency, decoration social housing;
- Daily activities routines, leisure activities, Brazilian calendar.
Grammar: The alphabet: spelling & pronunciation; Numbers; Grammatical gender & number agreement; Personal Pronouns (eu, você, ele, ela, nós, vocês, eles, elas); Estar + gerundio; Present Indicative of regula