Apprendre la danse
These fun and flirtatious Latin &Rhythm dance styles are popular all over the world! Enter any Salsa club and, in addition to Salsa music, you will hear many Bachatas, Merengues, and Cha-Chas. Learn the rhythm, dance hold, basic steps and turns of these dances - and be ready to hit the dance floor!
Ces danses latines sont populaires partout dans le monde! Entrez n'importe quel club de Salsa et vous entendrez la musique de Salsa, Bachata, Merengue, et Cha-Cha. Apprenez le rythme, comment tenir votre partenaire, et les pas fondamentaux pour tous ces styles – et soyez prêt pour les clubs!
There are as many reasons for learning to dance as there are dancers. Learn at your own pace, with your own goals in mind. Do you want to dance to meet more people, exercise, build confidence - or to one day perform? My classes are student-centered, taking into account your personal goals and particular learning style. Emphasis is on always on developing good, comfortable technique - and having FUN.
Langues parlées : Anglais, Français
À PROPOS DU PROFESSEUR
Hello! My name is Cheryl and I have been teaching dance for over 20 years! Salsa, Bachata, Merengue, West Coast Swing, Argentine Tango - and all the Social Ballroom dances (Waltz, Foxtrot, American Tango, Rumba, Cha-Cha, Samba, Mambo, East Coast Swing, Hustle). I love teaching dance because the effects are so positive; physically, socially, emotionally and creatively. Social dancing is a language that allows you to enjoy special moments with people from all over the world.
FORMATION DU PROFESSEUR
- Silver Associate teacher certification with Arthur Murray International Dance Studios (year 2000)
- Member of the Canadian Dancesport Federation (2008)
- West Coast Swing basic teacher certification with the PDIA Professional Dance Instructor Association (year 2012)
EXPÉRIENCE DU PROFESSEUR
2006-present... Dance Instructor/Co-director of Dance Conmigo,
- I design, organize and teach group & private dance classes for Salsa, Bachata, Ballroom, West Coast Swing and Argentine Tango
- I choreograph for wedding couples, groups, events
- I provide dance performances and animation for weddings and events
- I have worked with the City of Montreal West, McGill University - for Parkinson's Research, Mama Bebe et Café, College d’Anjou, École Joséphine-Dandurand, and many others
2001-2006: Independent dance instructor/animator/consultant:
- Dance consultant for film "Two Summers" with Image Harvest Films (Mtl Film Fest 2002)
- Dance animation and performance with Dynamic Entertainment for weddings, private and corporate parties
- Independent dance instructor, event organizer and host of Latin & Ballroom Dance parties
1998-2001 Latin & Ballroom dance instructor for Arthur Murray Montreal