Apprendre la danse
Make your “first dance” a dance to remember. Whether you just want to look natural dancing the basics, or do a full-on “wow ’em” routine, I can help! You choose the song, I'll choreograph for your unique style: Waltz, Tango, Foxtrot, Rumba, Swing, Salsa, Bachata, Cha-Cha + more!
I recommend at least 2 classes. Most wedding couples use 2-6 classes to prepare for their first dance. On the 1st class I'll teach you the basic step of the dance style that best suits your song - plus a variation or two. After the first class, I'll know better how to choreograph to suit your style, interest and ability. On the 2nd class we'll work on an opening, a closing dip, and/or the full routine. How many classes depends on your ability, if you practice, and your vision for the dance.
Langues parlées : Anglais, Français
À PROPOS DU PROFESSEUR
Hello! My name is Cheryl and I have been teaching dance for over 20 years! Salsa, Bachata, Merengue, West Coast Swing, Argentine Tango - and all the Social Ballroom dances (Waltz, Foxtrot, American Tango, Rumba, Cha-Cha, Samba, Mambo, East Coast Swing, Hustle). I love teaching dance because the effects are so positive; physically, socially, emotionally and creatively. Social dancing is a language that allows you to enjoy special moments with people from all over the world.
FORMATION DU PROFESSEUR
- Silver Associate teacher certification with Arthur Murray International Dance Studios (year 2000)
- Member of the Canadian Dancesport Federation (2008)
- West Coast Swing basic teacher certification with the PDIA Professional Dance Instructor Association (year 2012)
EXPÉRIENCE DU PROFESSEUR
2006-present... Dance Instructor/Co-director of Dance Conmigo,
- I design, organize and teach group & private dance classes for Salsa, Bachata, Ballroom, West Coast Swing and Argentine Tango
- I choreograph for wedding couples, groups, events
- I provide dance performances and animation for weddings and events
- I have worked with the City of Montreal West, McGill University - for Parkinson's Research, Mama Bebe et Café, College d’Anjou, École Joséphine-Dandurand, and many others
2001-2006: Independent dance instructor/animator/consultant:
- Dance consultant for film "Two Summers" with Image Harvest Films (Mtl Film Fest 2002)
- Dance animation and performance with Dynamic Entertainment for weddings, private and corporate parties
- Independent dance instructor, event organizer and host of Latin & Ballroom Dance parties
1998-2001 Latin & Ballroom dance instructor for Arthur Murray Montreal