Promotion: Trial Class 50% Off!
(Bulgarian for foreigners)
20 students have taken this course (in Sofia or online)
Bulgarian conversational classes for beginner, intermediate and advanced students.
Topics, functions, grammar and vocabulary follow the proposed syllabi for levels A1-A2 but can be adapted to student's needs.
For levels B1 and above materials are prepared according to students' needs.
I am using the communicative approach with grammar explanations and translations when necessary.
• Cyrillic alphabet
• Greetings, introduction and farewells
• Countries, nationalities, and jobs
• Foods, drinks, and groceries
• Numbers, money and measurements
• Public buildings, places, and directions
• Family members and describing people
• Weather, calendar, and time
• Colors, clothes, and personal belongings
• Rooms and furniture
• Daily routines
• Personal, demonstrative, generalizing and short possessive pronouns
• Formal and informal you
• Gender and number of nouns and adjectives
• Agreement of nouns and adjectives
• Ordinal numerals
• Definite article of nouns, adjectives and ordinal numerals
• Degrees of comparison of adjectives and adverbs
• Present simple tense
• Adverbs of frequency
• Reflexive verbs
• Question words and word order of questions
• Prepositions of time, place and movement
• Hobbies and leisure time
• Likes and dislikes
• Healthy lifestyle
• Health issues and health care
• Personal and public holidays
• Nature and vacations
• Education and work
• Verb aspect
• Modal verbs
• Future tense
• Past simple tense
• Present perfect tense
• Imperative and vocative
• Direct and indirect object pronouns
• Long possessive pronouns and possessive reflexive pronoun
• Reflexive verbs
• Negative and indefinite pronouns
• Linking words
• Impersonal structures
• Conditional sentences
City / Country of origin: Sofia, Bulgaria
Mother language: Bulgarian
Spoken languages: English, Russian
ABOUT THE TEACHER
I am teaching Bulgarian to foreigners and English and Russian to Bulgarians. I like the opportunity to meet new peoples, learn about their country and culture and share with them Bulgarian language and culture.
I have also developed several Bulgarian language manuals for foreigners and resource books for teachers and I am planning to continue working in this field.
My hobbies are traveling, photography, graphic design and reading.
Master of Business Administration, City University of Seattle in Bulgaria, Sofia, Bulgaria - 2007
Master of Arts, Russian Studies, Sofia University "Kliment Ohridski", Sofia, Bulgaria - 1989
Post-graduate certificate - Teaching English as a Foreign Language, Sofia University "Kliment Ohridski", Sofia, Bulgaria, 1999
I am currently teaching Bulgarian to foreigners. From 1999 through 2003 I worked as a Bulgarian language and culture facilitator for US Peace Corps Trainees and Volunteers in Bulgaria. Prior to this, I have worked for 8 years as a lecturer, teacher, and examiner at various universities and language centers in Sofia, Bulgaria.
I have an MA in Russian Studies from Sofia University and an MBA in Marketing from the City University of Seattle. I also hold a post-graduate certificate for Teaching English as a Foreign Language.
PUBLICATIONS available from Amazon.com and other online stores
2017 - Bulgarian History. Part 1. Bulgarian Readers Book 1.
2017 - Bulgarian Folktales and Legends. Bulgarian Readers Book 3.
2015 - Step by Step. Bulgarian Language and Culture. A1 textbook and workbook.
2015 - Illustrated Bulgarian Vocabulary. Flashcard Books.
2015 - Speak Bulgarian like a Native. Bulgarian Idioms.
2014 – Grammar Matters: Bulgarian Grammar in Charts.