This course will be very flexible and we can start at any desired stage and walk you through any part of the subject matter. Want to only know more about Generics? Why go through the basics? The general syllabus is only intended as an example of what could be covered.
My course is designed to both help people new to C# and to help you become a better developer generally.
I will help you identify your weakness and overcome them as I have a unique ability to explain technical concepts in a variety of easy to understand ways. It is also tied back directly to whatever other course syllabus you are following so it becomes directly relevant to your exams.
This is the starting point for all programmers. Each lesson will cover between 2 to 4 topics depending on the student and their abilities but the general lesson plan will be:
• Sequence (data types, variables, basic input and output).
• Iteration (repetition - for, do, and while loops).
• Decision (If, If-Else, If-ElseIf-Else, Switch, Trinary operator).
• Methods (Dividing your code into smaller chunks, then how to pass data between the chunks - methods, passing values by value and by reference, return types, and passing and returning multiple values).
• Finally (if time permits), we will focus on collections (Arrays, Lists etc.).
This first stage is the equivalent of the first semester of a 3rd level college programming course.
The second stage covers Object Oriented Programming OOP principles.
• Classes (defining and using classes).
• Inheritance (parent and child classes, and the general Is-A relationship).
• Polymorphism (Defining multiple things with the same name but still the computer knows what to do).
• Encapsulation (A detailed look at scope, and accessibility).
• Interfaces - This bridges the gap between stage 2 and 3.
This second stage is the equivalent of the second semester of a 3rd level college programming course.
The third stage covers additional advanced principles that you need to know to be an effective C# Programmer.
• A closer look into interfaces.
• Entity Frameworks (for which you may need to have in
Mother language: English
Spoken languages: English
About the teacher
I am a professional software engineer and IT consultant. I enjoy helping others to become successful at their IT career and helping them to fast track their way to their goals by helping them set realistic goals and achieve them. I am very interested in all things technology related.
BSc Software Development - IT Sligo, 2012.
MSc Web technologies - NCI, 2014.
I have taught many college students both while in college and after and helped them get better grades.