This course will teach some concepts about managing your personal finances in a way that will be completely new to most people. It doubles as a general time and resource management course (as we treat money as one type of resource and the principles can be carried over to any other type).
This is a very practical course, and so it is recommended that you take time out between the lessons to practice the principles using your day to day finances. In doing this, you will learn about resource management in a unique and very personal way.
As an exercise, prior to starting this course.
- Look around and see what resources you use on a daily basis.
- Ask, Which of these resources are Finite or Infinite and why?
- Ask, How can I increase the value of these resources?
We will focus on understanding, managing and growing money as one of many examples of resource management. Talking about how money is turned into resources and resources into money and how to maximise the process then apply it to other resources. Topics of discussion will include:
1. Course Overview
- Finite vs. Infinite resources.
2. Understanding money and what happens if we treat it like a person (are we really respecting it?).
3. The 10% Rule of Growth.
4. The 20% Rule of Growth.
5. The 3 x 10 repetitive multiplier principle.
6. The importance principles part 1 – The 4 A’s of Finite Management:
7. The importance principles part 2 – Infinite Resource Management:
a. Measured Importance.
b. Price & Value.
c. Sources of Resources.
8. Simplified Risk Analysis (50 / 50 principle).
9. Banking principles and the Bank of You.
10.The simplest and easiest book you'll ever read about resources - a free gift as a token of gratitude if you get this far.
I am in the process of developing a resource management application. You may opt in to getting a place as a beta tester (which means you get a pre-release version for free) if you are interested.
This course will take around 10 lessons to complete. However, it is a very practical course, and so it is recommended that you take time out between the lessons to
Mother language: English
Spoken languages: English
About the teacher
I am a professional software engineer and IT consultant. I enjoy helping others to become successful at their IT career and helping them to fast track their way to their goals by helping them set realistic goals and achieve them. I am very interested in all things technology related.
BSc Software Development - IT Sligo, 2012.
MSc Web technologies - NCI, 2014.
I have taught many college students both while in college and after and helped them get better grades.