Bulgarian conversational classes for beginner, intermediate and advanced students.
Topics, functions, grammar and vocabulary follow the proposed syllabi for levels A1-A2 but can be adapted to student's needs.
For levels B1 and above materials are prepared according to students' needs.
I am using the communicative approach with grammar explanations and translations when necessary.
• Cyrillic alphabet
• Greetings, introduction and farewells
• Countries, nationalities, and jobs
• Foods, drinks, and groceries
• Numbers, money and measurements
• Public buildings, places, and directions
• Family members and describing people
• Weather, calendar, and time
• Colors, clothes, and personal belongings
• Rooms and furniture
• Daily routines
• Personal, demonstrative, generalizing and short possessive pronouns
• Formal and informal you
• Gender and number of nouns and adjectives
• Agreement of nouns and adjectives
• Ordinal numerals
• Definite article of nouns, adjectives and ordinal numerals
• Degrees of comparison of adjectives and adverbs
• Present simple tense
• Adverbs of frequency
• Reflexive verbs
• Question words and word order of questions
• Prepositions of time, place and movement
• Hobbies and leisure time
• Likes and dislikes
• Healthy lifestyle
• Health issues and health care
• Personal and public holidays
• Nature and vacations
• Education and work
• Verb aspect
• Modal verbs
• Future tense
• Past simple tense
• Present perfect tense
• Imperative and vocative
• Direct and indirect object pronouns
• Long possessive pronouns and possessive reflexive pronoun
• Reflexive verbs
• Negative and indefinite pronouns
• Linking words
• Impersonal structures
• Conditional sentences
City / Country of origin: Sofia, Bulgaria
Mother language: Bulgarian
Spoken languages: English, Russian
"Great class and great teacher. Would definitely recommend."RB, Barcelona
About the teacher
I am teaching Bulgarian to foreigners and English and Russian to Bulgarians. I like the opportunity to meet new peoples, learn about their country and culture and share with them Bulgarian language and culture.
I have also developed several Bulgarian language manuals for foreigners and resource books for teachers and I am planning to continue working in this field.
My hobbies are traveling, photography, graphic design and reading.
Master of Business Administration, City University of Seattle in Bulgaria, Sofia, Bulgaria - 2007
Master of Arts, Russian Studies, Sofia University "Kliment Ohridski", Sofia, Bulgaria - 1989
Post-graduate certificate - Teaching English as a Foreign Language, Sofia University "Kliment Ohridski", Sofia, Bulgaria, 1999
I am currently teaching Bulgarian to foreigners. From 1999 through 2003 I worked as a Bulgarian language and culture facilitator for US Peace Corps Trainees and Volunteers in Bulgaria. Prior to this, I have worked for 8 years as a lecturer, teacher, and examiner at various universities and language centers in Sofia, Bulgaria.
I have an MA in Russian Studies from Sofia University and an MBA in Marketing from the City University of Seattle. I also hold a post-graduate certificate for Teaching English as a Foreign Language.
PUBLICATIONS available from Amazon.com and other online stores
2017 - Bulgarian History. Part 1. Bulgarian Readers Book 1.
2017 - Bulgarian Folktales and Legends. Bulgarian Readers Book 3.
2015 - Step by Step. Bulgarian Language and Culture. A1 textbook and workbook.
2015 - Illustrated Bulgarian Vocabulary. Flashcard Books.
2015 - Speak Bulgarian like a Native. Bulgarian Idioms.
2014 – Grammar Matters: Bulgarian Grammar in Charts.